[Event] Johannesburg Community Evening - 10 November 2015

This event happens monthly, is free to attend and anyone may speak at the meetup - just comment in the thread below to let us know!

Test games! Talk games! Make games!

When:18:30 until around 21:30, Tuesday 10 November
Where: Microsoft Campus Bryanston, 3012 William Nicol Drive, Bryanston, Johannesburg. In Auditorium 2

Content
- 6:30 - 7:00 Grab food elsewhere + bonding time
- Zoe's Introductions ~5 mins
- Community News 5 min

Focused Feedback (10 minute slots)

- Playtest Pitchathon (if you're playtesting a game, we ask that you give a 30 second pitch to the room about what the game is, before we all break off and play things).

Bring your games and set them up inside the auditorium before and after the meetup!

Board game prototypes can and will be played so bring along your prototypes!

If you intend to attend, please indicate so on the Facebook event

Comments

• Hi Guys,

I am interested to join this meeting. Could you confirm where Auditorium 2 is located / do we ask for it at reception? Entrance into the office park - do we mention Makegamessa?

I'm not bringing anything with me - looking to network a bit first.
  • Hi CuCl3,

Auditorium 2 is down the hall to the right just as you come into Microsoft. Reception will be able to help you with any problems. Before 6:30 the room is used by another group who have their community evening. Most of us hang around in the patio area just across from the auditorium until the session starts. I'll be wearing a really bright lime green shirt so I'm rather easy to spot.

Entering the office park you can just say that you're there for the community night. The guards scan your drivers license and the license disk on your car.

---

Also it seems like no one has anything to talk about this month so I guess that means I'm doing my analysis of Super Crate Box :D
    Thanked by 2SUGBOERIE Sash
  • edited
    Aud 2, Lime Green Shirt. Got it :P

Awesome I'll post back and hour or two before the meeting time if I can't make it - but all looking good so far for my time.

Cheers.

EDIT: Not looking good for tonight, sorry will catch up next time.
  • I will join the community meetings again next year again, I stay in JHB south so it's a bit of a mission getting to the meetings now, I will be moving back to Pretoria in the next month or two then I should be able to take the Gautrain again to make the meetings, my project is getting some ground so I would appreciate some good feedback in the future.
  • Good day,

I am looking for a Game Developer company.
    At my company we are look for Vendor to develop a game for us.

Please contact me as soon as possible @ 071 383 4505

Thanks
    bonita