(Prototype / Concept) 2.5D Space Shooter

edited in Projects
Hi Guys / Girls

I would like make make 1st post on my Prototype / Concept for a 2.5d Space Shooter.
I am currently making this alone. Started this project on 11 September 2015.
Title name and Story I am holding back for now. I know there is many top down space shooter around. I am now aiming for a Arcade feel and look for it. There will be levels for a few solar systems. Once defeating the boss you will jump to the next system.

Few Notes.
* Level Works on Wave system.
* Enemies do increase with each wave
*Unlimited player lives for now for all to get to kill the boss.
*Limited sound and effects for now.
*HUD and menu is still under dev.
*Game is designed to play with a PS4 controller now. Just plug it into your PC. You can also re-assign controller at game launch windows.
*Game is best played at 1080P
*Shield Drop is only a square. 25% that a enemy drops it.
*Speed Boost Drop is only a sphere. 25% that a enemy drops it.
Controls are as follow. ( PC controls are difficult to use if you wanna try it )

Dual Shock 4 remote - PC alternative
L2 - Lock On Target and Strafe Left Light - Q
R1 - Fire Laser BOMB- Left Shift
R2 - Fire Laser Gun - E
X - Speed Boost( only if you have a pickup) - R ( R is used to select menu items )
Square - Missiles - Left Alt ( if using L2 missile will follow that Target )
Left Analogue - Controls ship - ( WASD)
Right Analogue - Aim Ship if not using L2 - Arrow Keys

New Link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ii5ehwjpwrxjiv4/SpaceShooterV074.rar?dl=0

Please give feedback on what you like and what you don't like.
Shot1.jpg
1595 x 894 - 895K
Shot2.jpg
1600 x 898 - 870K

Comments

• Man I'm nervous about this...
  • Any chance to get it to work on an xbox 360 controller? dont have any ps controller to give it a try
  • kidult said:
    Any chance to get it to work on an xbox 360 controller? dont have any ps controller to give it a try
    Hi. You can when opening it. Re-Assign the Buttons before clicking play. : -)

• Cool man, no need to be nervous about it, looks promising already. Boldy go where no-man or woman has gone before.
  • @PaxRon . Thanks.

@Jecht Thanks for the sounds. Still need to add most of them in.

So I changed the whole Dynamics of the game. Please see Videos below. Only 30 Sec clips using fraps sorry

You can Now build your Own Ship. I made some Tie Fighters :-) ( not in this short clip :-( )

Pickups to boost player until death ( This one is Guns - Shield pickup already active )

A Quick boss battle to test missile and laser impacts on Boss Shields. Starting to look Good.

Enemies and Players Are build out of cubes. So on death that " Resogun " look kicks in.

I would love to get in your input on the Videos. Working out the bugs to get a build up for download.
    Do you guys have any ideas for me to add like a mini objective while fighting waves before reaching the boss? Like saving test space monkeys from there terrible death :-) ( My Bad Idea.... )
  • Thats a cool idea, with modular parts could really make some cool ships.
    Like the top down 3d aspects, reminded me a bit of R-TYPE but top down.
    I havent DL or tested it yet, just wanted to say it looks cool so far.
    I guess one choice is do you want the game to be a top down asteroids, or a top down side scroller.
    Will comment more when DL it later
    Thanked by 1dark_seth
  • Wow, this looks promising and really awesome, how long do you plan to develop it for?
    Thanked by 1dark_seth
  • Hi

Sorry guys. been super busy. Thank for the feedback.
    @Wakintosh How long ? Don't know to be honest.