Music production for free to the right game

Hi guys.

I just discovered this forum and I think it may be right platform to make this offer.

I'm essentially offering to compose and produce music for a game that I can get behind creatively.

I have over a decade of experience writing, performing and producing in a huge range of genres and styles and I essentially want to take on an independent project as a way to establish a workflow for myself and to start building a game-specific portfolio. I don't want to be too prescriptive with regards to the type of work I'd like to be involved with, as I'm pretty open to any interesting project, but I do have a penchant for a darker, more atmospheric sound.

Please let me know if you're working on anything interesting that doesn't have a musical directional yet and I'd be super happy to chat about your vision and create some samples.

Thanks
Daniel

Comments

• Hi Pardus,

Firstly awesome! and welcome! Maybe a good starting point would be to post some links to your work - Web portfolio, Sound Cloud etc...

I think one of the best ways to get a portfolio going from my experience anyway is to attend Game Jams, I am not sure when the next one is happening but I am sure that most Jam games would love some music composition. Its a great way to gain experience and expand that portfolio. :)

I look forward to hearing your work :)
    Thanked by 1MCA
  • Next Ludlum Dare 34 is December 11-14th
    Next Global Game Jam is 2016, January 29-31st

For a comprehensive list of jams, of the gaming type: http://www.indiegamejams.com

And: https://itch.io/jams
    Thanked by 1Sash
  • Hi Daniel.

Welcome to MGSA! Do you have a link to your portfolio/website?

Like @MCA has already posted, you should join us at one of the upcoming jams because that is were you will most likely find someone in dire need of a creative like you!

Interested to see what you have been doing musically in this last decade! ;)