LOADOUT

edited in Projects
Description:
A new super virus has been discovered! Your job is to hold it off until a cure can be synthesised .Choose your LOADOUT and save the planet from a deadly disease or something. Be warned this is a suicide mission.

GOOD LUCK CADET!

So. A few months ago I found this community and I was directed to construct 2 as a good way to learn about game mechanics and such. And thus i began my journey into gamemaking, after a few(very many) failed attempts at making a good game, I began making this it was all going good until i had exams so i completely forgot i was making this. Then this month a friend(hehe my first alpha tester) came over and asked to play my game which i had so vehemently praised at school.in summation he really liked it and added a lot of valuable input for gameplay. And as such i present to you LOADOUT:

Link to game:https://www.scirra.com/arcade/shooting-games/loadout-1916

EDIT: I proclaim that 95% of what you see in this game was 100%( excluding virus sprites) made by me especially the music, I'm really proud of that.
screenshot-01.png
1024 x 728 - 50K
screenshot-02.png
1024 x 728 - 50K
screenshot-04.png
1024 x 728 - 92K
screenshot-05.png
1024 x 768 - 147K
screenshot-07.png
1024 x 728 - 105K
screenshot-11.png
1024 x 728 - 234K

Comments

• Ops! Forgot about link!
  • edited
    Nice work!

I played the Assault mode. Got to 8036 points before one of the big enemies spawned on me.

Without sound effects the action feels a bit soft. Sound effects can be a lot of work to get feeling good, but even basic sound effects make a big difference. Though having a bit of screenshake on the enemy deaths does help.

Loadout has got some good action in it. The way some of the enemies try to circle round you is a nice touch. I'm also a fan of big enemies splitting into smaller enemies.

I couldn't work out what the red square did... it seemed to be the objective, but it didn't seem to change anything (I guess I missed something)

Obviously I don't know how much further you want to take this?

I thought that since the name is called "Loadout" that you might want to make the loadout more of a feature.

For instance, if the level completed and you started a new level and could choose a new loadout. And it told you what enemies you were going to be facing, whether they were fast enemies or enemies that take a lot of hits, or whether they come in heavy waves or spawn more individually. You'd probably need to implement some new kinds of upgrades that offer different tactical advantages. Not sure if this is the best way to achieve the effect, but what I'm thinking is that in a game called "Loadout" it might be suitable to be fiddling with your loadout often, and making difficult decisions as to what to choose.

Or maybe some other way to make the loadout the focus of the game?

In any case. Congrats on getting this game to the point where people are playing it and having a good time!!!

• @BlackShipsFilltheSky Thanks a lot for the feeback its great to know im not the only one enjoying it.
    Without sound effects the action feels a bit soft. Sound effects can be a lot of work to get feeling good, but even basic sound effects make a big difference. Though having a bit of screenshake on the enemy deaths does help.
    Initially i tried to add sound for enemies dying and the blasts but it proved very chaotic and messy so i just opted for the screenshake as an indicator.
    I couldn't work out what the red square did... it seemed to be the objective, but it didn't seem to change anything (I guess I missed something)
    The red thing adds a bit of health but i guess i wasn't very obvious about it since it only adds 1 health point.
    Obviously I don't know how much further you want to take this?

I thought that since the name is called "Loadout" that you might want to make the loadout more of a feature.
    At this point i'm really sad cause i'm using the free version of construct and ive used up all of the limited amount of events

The game had rounds at first where you accumulated a certain number of kills and then you unlock new loadouts such as the shields and timed teleports but the used up to many events and i had to scrap that idea. I also had big enemies that fired smaller enemies similar to agar.io's shoot function.

Thanks a lot for all you input. Its cool to get advice from someone who knows what they're talking about.
  • @TREASURE That sounds like a pretty restrictive limitation on Construct's part :/