IX 2. Upcoming game

A better improvement from the previous game Ix. Game still under development. Currently doing lighting and opacity effect. Wil update info soon.

Youtube video

Cheers,
Neil Gomes
Thanked by 1konman

Comments

• Looking good man.
  • Eric said:
    Looking good man.
    Thanks.
  • Great news. All games at EggHead are 50% off for 5 days.

• Just a quick update. Player now can interact with object within the game. See for yourself and you know what i mean.

Youtube

And thanks again for reading.

Cheers,
    Neil Gomes
  • edited
    That enemy AI movement looks cool, they appear to be pathfinding around obstacles as well as forgetting you once they've lost sight of you!

I assume you're already working on this, but getting them not to pass through each other, and end up standing on the exact same spot, would a nice feature (as a player it is obviously easier to understand what's going when they are separate, as well as making hiding in tight spaces more strategically useful because the enemies have to queue to get in at you).

The other thing is that they probably should forget about you only once they've gotten to your last sighted position. And the fact that they change direction after you've moved behind the wall (near the start of the video) gives away that they can see through walls.

At one point, near the end, it appears that one of the monsters alerts the other monster to turn around, this seemed pretty cool because the player had been moving slowly behind that monster for a while. Not sure if this was just the monster randomly turning around, but in any case monsters sharing information is a sweet feature (if you can convey to the player that is is happening).

AI that feels like actual intelligence (even simple monster intelligence) is quite a challenge obviously, but the payoff is some really interesting gameplay (people love outsmarting monsters). This looks like it's headed in a good direction!
  • @neilgomes Your game is very impressive. I am working on a similar concept. Sci-Fi. Top-Down. I really like your real time shadows and the environments you create. Awesome ambiance... :)

I see I can already buy it for $10 on your site? I just downloaded your demo and played it. Very cool. I hope that I don't offend, but I would recommend you have somebody look at the grammar in your game. I'm guessing here, but English is not your native language right? Little things like that make a huge difference. I am very interested to see where you go with this...
  • edited
    Thanks @konman and @BlackShipsFilltheSky for the feedback. This is still very early stage of development and i will update the AI. And for the grammar thanks for pointing it out. Or you might help with with this grammar and i can put your name as credit in the game. Quite busy with part 2 of Ix. Really appreciate for checking and download the game.

Thanks.
    Neil Gomes
  • Hi there,

Just a small update. Created a test menu for the game.

Main menu

Cheers,
    Neil Gomes