[Event] Cape Town Community Night - 26 August

edited in Events
When: 18:30 until around 21:30, Wednesday 26 August

Where: 22Seven - 60 Hout St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8001

If you have a demo you want played, bring a station on which people can play it, and set it up before the meetup begins!

Agenda:
- 6:30 - 7:00 - Meet and greet
- Rapid fire intros (10 min)
- Community News (5 min)

Talks:
- francoisvn : "The Worst Thing You Can Tell Me Is You Like My Game."
- davidhecker : Junglebeat Design Challenges

Focused Feedback
- francoisvn : Mockups feedback

Open Demo Floor

This event happens monthly, is free to attend, and anyone may speak at the meetup - just comment beneath to let us know! This is for anyone and everyone interested in making games of any shape, size or type. Come join us!

Test games! Talk games! Make games!

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/913311488753958/

Comments

• Any volunteers for talks? @TheFuntastic will you be back in time to talk about your adventures overseas?

This might also be a good opportunity for those going to AMAZE to practice their talks or get some last minute feedback on their game/presentation.
  • We still need speakers for this event (happening this wednesday) - unless everyone just wants to show off their LDJam projects?
  • I think we're only getting @TheFuntastic back in SA as A MAZE starts.

From what I can tell A MAZE has yet to announce who'll be speaking at the event, but using Wednesday as a chance to practice talks for it seems like a good idea!
    Thanked by 2dammit NickCuthbert
  • I have a design mockup I'd like to show and get focussed feedback on if possible. It'll just consist of a picture or two (nothing implemented yet).

I also have a short talk I'd still like to prepare at some point, and if it's cool that I mostly wing it this time and use the opportunity to refine the talk, then I'm keen to try. The working title is: "The Worst Thing You Can Tell Me Is You Like My Game."
    Thanked by 1dammit
  • I love the sound of that talk @francoisvn :)
  • I'd love to do a talk about our new Jungle Beat game and some of the design/development challenges we had. If anybody's keen to hear that, of course.
  • Added to the agenda, thanks @DavidHecker