Attn Sound Guys! Cadence Sessions: Interview with Souleye (Composer for VVVVVV) tonight!

Hey guys! So super exciting news for audio guys:

As part of the run up to the Cadence launch I'm going to be chatting to Souleye tonight during our Twitch stream (8pm SA time), best known for his work on Terry Cavanagh's VVVVVV. Not much warning, but tonight's session is a bit shotgun to take advantage of his trip to Stugan. If you have any questions about how he makes music or wanna hear about his path into game music come say hi! :)

This will (hopefully) be the first of many sessions with all our favourite big name game audio composers! I'm a bit worried about the quality of the twitch stream to SA, but if we will host it on Youtube afterwards as well ;)
http://www.twitch.tv/madewithmonsterlove

Comments

• edited
    And you can grab the interview here:

Right I feel like I'm shouting into the void, but I tried to present in a format that would be interesting to anyone trying to break into game audio. I'm planning to do more of these in the very near future (with some really great musos) so I'd let me know what you'd want to see included / what questions you like to be asked.

Also, must say thanks to magnus for being a great interviewee under some pressured circumstances!
  • I'd be interested to know how they got into the scene, what was their 'break-though' moment, lessons they've learnt - musical and from a working/business aspect, any favourite tools, what they're working on now/in their spare time… etc.

Thanks for doing these interviews @TheFuntastic, I think it's a valuable way of gaining insight into game music, not just for the sound guys, but also for the devs.
    Thanked by 1TheFuntastic