AdMob and MoPub with ImpactJS

Apologies in advance for the lengthy post but it's for a good cause and I'm quite desperate for any help I can find...

Does anyone have any experience working with MoPub and AdMob? Even better if in conjunction with the ImpactJS framework. I've created an Android game using the ImpactJS framework designed to generate money for SANCCOB through in-game ads. The idea being that people would essentially be able to make a "donation" by loading the game and clicking the in-game banner ad that appears on the title screen and between levels. I've attempted to implement the ads using the CocoonJS extensions which you have access to when you upgrade to a premium CocoonJS account. The game is 100% complete and currently in the Google Play Store (even though it's not yet ready for public consumption) and I've been in contact with SANCCOB throughout the process so it's fully sanctioned by them. The AdMob account being used is linked to their PayPal account so all cash generated goes directly to them, the only problem is that I can't actually seem to get AdMob ads to behave correctly. The majority of the time when I load the game I just see no ads. First I contacted MoPub who were able to pinpoint that the issue lay with AdMob. So I contacted them and they were able to assist up to a point but their last word on the matter was:

"There is usually a delay when you activate a new mediation network. Also, it might not be activated until it receives enough data from AdMob, so if your app has a very high number of requests and impressions you should get an immediate activation of mediation, but if data is not enough the mediation will be delayed (or not activated at all, depending on the cases)."

So it sounds like I'm fighting a losing a battle trying to get AdMob ads to work but any advice or help with this would be massively appreciated. Alternatively if anyone has any suggestions of other ways to monetise a hybrid mobile game that too would be massively appreciated.

Comments

• It sounds like you aren't getting through their request-gateway thing that they've got set up. I assume that waiting for a while will sort that out as they work their way around to activating your mediation (whatever the hell that means). Is there any reason you need it all working right now, like a pressing deadline or event you have to hit?

Okay, all that aside: A game for SANCCOB? Cool! They're literally down the road from me. I used to volunteer there as a kid :) What made you build a game for them and what's the game like? More info and/or playable version available anywhere?

Also, if it's an obviously charitable game, you might be able to get away with just straight up linking people to a webpage that SANCCOB has set up with a PayPal donate button. Why rely on people clicking ads for tiny amounts when, if you point out that this is for a volunteer charity organisation, they'd be willing to give a lot more?