Free Marketing Workshop

Hi Guys,

I've been contacted by the nice people at the Bandwidth Barn, they are running a free marketing workshop, in JHB and CPT that people might be interested in attending. Details Below.

Free Digital Marketing and Social Media Training this Friday in Jo'burg and Cape Town.

You guys and gals are loving our free courses so much, we’ve decided to run another one - in Cape Town and Johannesburg.

Here Is What You Can Look Forward To:

Friday Morning 10th April 2015, 10am to 12pm – Digital Marketing Overview

This Friday will be a general overview and will touch on the three main topics to be covered over the following month, namely Social Media Marketing, SEO (Search Engine Optimisation), and Website Design.

Friday Afternoon 10th April 2015, 12:30pm to 2:30pm – Introduction to Social Media Marketing

Social media is quite possibly the most important part of your marketing strategy. Teenagers who can’t even spell so good get it, that’s why they have more followers on Twitter than you do.

We’ve all seen that bunch of kids sitting in a group like a flock of brain-dead sheep staring at their phones ignoring each other. Guess what? They’re networking, and doing it a darned sight better than you are in all likelihood.

We’ll teach you how to get active on social media, and not look stupid dong it.

If you can only spare one day for this course, and you’re not sure which aspect needs attention, do yourself a favour and attend day one. You’ll get a solid background on all aspects of Digital Marketing and you’ll be better equipped to tackle your overall marketing strategy.

Cape Town

Date and Time:

Friday 10 April 2015
Session 1: 10am - 12pm
Session 2: 12:30pm - 2:30pm
Venue:

The Barn
Block B, 3rd Floor
Woodstock Exchange
66-68 Albert Road
Woodstock

Cost:

Nothing, Nada, Zero -Zip!

RSVP:

Book Now!

Midrand

Date and Time:

Friday 10 April 2015
Session 1: 10am - 12pm
Session 2: 12:30pm - 2:30pm
Venue:

Bikers' Church
126 Kruger Road
Midrand

Cost:

Nothing, Nada, Zero -Zip!

RSVP:

Book Now!

Got a question or is anything still unclear? Chat to Kelly at kelly@shiftone.co.za or call her on 021 554 2498

Hope to see you there!

Thanked by 3AngryMoose dammit Tuism

Comments

• I'm presuming this is very general digital marketing, not anything specifically focused on the difficulties and challenges facing indiegame devs in SA?

I'm wondering if I should attend just to find out what they leave out...
  • "Teach us how to social media."

I guess this isn't game-centric, like dammit said. Got excited for a moment.
  • It also looks incredibly introductory, so I doubt they'll even mention Facebook advertising and the algorithm problems.
  • Yup, definitely not game specific, and probably very general, but I think it could be useful as a starting point (maybe we can look at taking it further @dammit?) and do one for gaming?
  • :) Definitely planning on doing some talks based on what I've learnt at RetroEpic... though, even that wouldn't be definitive. Either way, it's probably still a good idea to attend these talks if any aspect of digital marketing is completely foreign. Thanks for sharing this @LexAquillia
  • Did anyone attend these?