[Event] Hyper Joburg Playtest and Friendship Day!

edited in Events
Hey all!

So we discussed having a Playtest meetup extensively. Let's stop talking and just do it, and see how it goes! :)

I've confirmed Wits as a venue we can use easily on weekends :).

The first one is going to be a bit short notice, but I think it's important to have it two weeks from the meetup, so we have the chance to playtest/meet once every two weeks in Joburg.

When: Saturday, 4th April - 12PM - 3PM
Where: Wits Digital Arts, Corner of Jorrissen and Station Streets, Braamfontein
Parking: If you get through the gate on the digital arts side of Wits (the one on the map) parking is pretty plentiful on a Saturday :)

Comment below for suggestions (particularly the time, and how far from the meetups we should have these) and also what game you're planning on bringing along!
WitsDigitalArtsmap.jpg
889 x 676 - 125K

Comments

• Hell Yes.

I'm assuming we bring our own computers - we're not using the lab ones, right?

Though it would be kick ass to use that projector!
  • Aw hells yiss :)

The projector I suspect would take any input we can hurl adaptors at, right?
  • I'm there like a bear. Or at least I'll try to be. I have a submarine sim I'd like to demo.
  • Ben, can you amend the OP to better detail parking options for Wits n00bs like me please? Thanks!
  • Nyuuuuuuuu. Easter weekend plans mean I won't make it this time, but the next one... oooooh yes, the next one will know me.

What is the computer-provision situation? Lab computers were mentioned, are we able to use those?
  • Hey all! Sorry I was delayed in responding!

Nope, you're not allowed to use the lab ones unfortunately :/.

Haha the projector uses a VGA port, so you'll need adapters maybe! We'll probably do it in the first year lab anyway where the tables are all empty - there isn't a projector in their yet I think, but we can move over to the second year lab if someone desperately wants to use the projector :).

I'm finally gonna playtest Raptor Polo with the Joburg Community, yay!
    Thanked by 2Tuism SUGBOERIE
  • Looking forward to this! :) I got two games to test :D
    Thanked by 1Bensonance
  • Re: First year lab, there's definitely a projector and it uses an hdmi cable :)
  • How did this go? Did any one take pics?
  • No Photos!

Well, only had @Tuism; @Asbestos and @SUGBOERIE show up.

We tested up @Asbestos' stuff, which was fun. I had a few games I wanted to test, but there weren't enough people there really. Also tested on of @Tuism's games, but the other one was a bit broken/needed more people.

I put the low attendance down to the short notice/it being on Easter weekend and also just to the usual problem of low attendance when starting new stuff :).

However, if the attendance doesn't go up in the next couple ones, we'll move the day to during the week so that at least those who are coming (and have flexible schedules) can use the endless amounts of Wits game design students to test stuff.
    Thanked by 2Tuism dammit
  • I love the idea of doing it on a day when students are around, assuming it's good for everyone/someones. Good for everyone who can be involved!
  • Thanks for organising the inaugural Hyperdev-Friendship-Arcade, @Bensonance!

I had fun and also learned things! Double whammy!

I hope to see more people and games at the next one! :D

• I put the low attendance down to the short notice/it being on Easter weekend and also just to the usual problem of low attendance when starting new stuff :).
    Well crap, I totally forgot about it! I do agree, the Easter weekend kinda put a spanner in the works, but lets see how the next one pans out (I WILL be there for the next one)