Game Software Engineer Internship

As a Game Software Engineer, you will be responsible for architecting and implementing AI and gameplay systems for our games. You will work closely with Design, Animation, and the rest of our engineering team. In addition, as part of our engineering team, you will be expected to to share your experience and expertise on the development of both game specific features and general engineering systems across the entire codebase.

This job will require collaboration with the rest of our engineering team on issues of technical design. You will also work closely with other engineers and content development experts on implementing and refining systems to meet Design's vision.

The Game Software Engineer will also work with their team's production staff to help develop realistic schedules and identify all dependencies.

JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Design, author, maintain and document robust and highly optimized systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements.
• Work closely with QA and your technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of your systems by identifying, communicating and resolving defects.
• Author, review and provide feedback on technical and end-user documentation of your systems.
• Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture.
• Collaborate with Lead Engineer, Technical Art and Game Engineers to identify systems in need of optimization or replacement and on proposals of exciting new graphics technologies.
• Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies; coordinate with QA and leads to ensure successful roll out of new features to the team and establish testing and maintenance of systems.

JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Experience developing standard AI techniques including behavior selection and navigation.
• Experience working with Animators and Designers on animation control.
• Experience implementing and maintaining portions of the AI system in a game.
• Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators to develop robust and fun game-play.
• Ability to easily communicate technical topics with both engineers and non-technical people alike.
• Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers.
• Strong focus on performance and memory implications as it relates to AI systems.
• Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging skills.
• Ability to work well in a team development environment with strong communication skills.
• Strong desire to build industry-leading AI systems and ship the highest quality games.

email your CV, results/transcripts and portfolio to jobs@techsprung.co.za

Comments

• Wow if I met those requirements, I don't think I be aiming for an internship :p. Just saying...
  • What @vintar said.

Also, based on your last 6 posts, it looks like your hoping to get a lot of interns! Do you have actual staff focused on game dev or will things be on the shoulder of these interns? Your site doesn't seem to show any exsisting game efforts.
    Thanked by 1dammit
  • vintar said:
    Wow if I met those requirements, I don't think I be aiming for an internship :p. Just saying...
    That's because this position is a duplicate of the requirements to work as a Senior AI Engineer at WB Games, with the 5 years of C/C++ experience and AAA-related stuff stripped out. Of course, you need all of the other skills that someone with 5 years of experience would have, but without the experience, and as an intern. Awesome.
  • And the email address is from a news portal type site....interesting
  • vintar said:
    Wow if I met those requirements, I don't think I be aiming for an internship :p. Just saying...
    That's because this position is a duplicate of the requirements to work as a Senior AI Engineer at WB Games, with the 5 years of C/C++ experience and AAA-related stuff stripped out. Of course, you need all of the other skills that someone with 5 years of experience would have, but without the experience, and as an intern. Awesome.
    Wow. I'm going to take a wild stab and guess that these guys have no real idea what they're trying to get done.

@xolile - If your company is looking to make a game, you might be better off hiring a company that is experienced in making games for clients (like RetroEpic Software - where I work) to make it for you rather than trying to recruit and entire team and start from scratch. It will be overall less hassle and you'll get the product you want. Of course, budgets need to be considered in these cases.
  • This guy is posting everything over and over! couldnt he seriously have said looking for Game Software Engineer - go to this site or pm me for more information.
    I am looking for the following :
    Programmer
    Artist
    Modeling pro man
    Im looking for Sonicay - just kidding love our 2 man team.
    And blah blah :P

And yea this guy is expecting world of warcraft developers lol.
  • "Intern" lol.
  • Casting nets looking for fish , sad but true