Game Industry Day - @ Friends of Design (CPT)

edited in Events
So, I just saw this pop up on RetroEpic's Twitter feed:

http://friendsofdesign.net/news-events/
If you’d like to find out more about what’s happening in and around Cape Town in terms of Game Development, new technology application and where the industry is going, join us after the Creative Mornings event on the 12th of December, 2014.

You will get to meet South African game developers, media industry people and publishers who are interested in implementing Game Technology, as well as new talents looking for job opportunities. We will have speakers covering a variety of different topics, from the Game Industry’s situation, Augmented Reality over 3D Printing to creating Games for Brand Characters and more.

Listen to and mingle with people in the field, check out the exhibits, play with new technology and South African game projects, and learn exciting new things that might contribute to changing your business.

When? 12th of December, from 10.00 am to 3.00 pm
Where? Friends of Design – Academy of Digital Arts
How much? Free
Anyone know anything about this? Anyone going?

Comments

• I've been asked to speak. I'm not sure what I should really talk about.

I've told Lars to post about it here, I was rather hoping that this thread was that, instead of someone else noticing it and raising the event.
  • Yep. I was about to. But we had to sort out a couple of things, like the actual available space during that day, first before I could introduce the day and propose the opportunity to developers in thesse forums to exhibit their latest project. I will post a new forum thread later tonight.
  • Yep. I was about to. But we had to sort out a couple of things, like the actual available space during that day, first before I could introduce the day and propose the opportunity to developers in thesse forums to exhibit their latest project. I will post a new forum thread later tonight.
    You might want to swing by the meetup in town tomorrow night as well to chat about the event a bit more?
    Thanked by 1Riocide
  • This thread continues here.
This discussion has been closed.