Image/Video gallery for MGSA

edited in Questions and Answers
With @Merrik sharing tonnes of great photos and other sharing videos and images; I was wondering if there's some gallery service that MGSA can use to manage all this stuff and make it available?

I can then put a link on the site for people to go to the photos.

Suggestions?
Thanked by 2mattbenic Merrik

Comments

• Just pick one of the many free services - they all have galleries, we can just use those and link them from here somewhere. Flickr, Facebook, heck even twitter... I'd pick between flickr and facebook.
  • edited
    For individuals uploading things, I swear by imgur.com It's free, fast and reliable.

As for a managed gallery, I'm not sure but I would say it should be hosted on makegamessa.com
    Thanked by 2Stray_Train Merrik
  • This is a decent self-hosted option: http://lychee.electerious.com/
  • imgur actually do have an image gallery embed code.

@Fengol in the UCT Jam thread, Merrik was asking if there's any way to enable it:
    Is there away of embedding an imgur album?

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="//imgur.com/a/U39C6/embed"></iframe>
    Seems like it should be fairly straight forward to get working?
  • Just a quick word of warning regarding stuff hosted locally: Back in the Game.Dev days we used to have a file host for people's game prototypes that had been set up by an awesome forumite. When it went down due to reasons nobody else knows, the majority of forum users lost their easily linkable games and had to figure out other ways to host files.

It's usually better to use existing services and just figure out how to interop with them.
    Thanked by 1Fengol
  • Did anything come of this? Is there away to embed galleries?