Art Dump - Crocopede

edited in General
Hi.

Thought i would share some progress of assets as i go along making them for Xoi San.
I noticed that spending a lot of time on game logic somehow deteriorates my art skills.

Takes me a few days to get back into making pretty stuff as opposed to thinking how something might work.

All models and textures are aimed to be completed within 4 - 8 hours. Then another 8 hours to rig, skin, and then animate with what time i have left.

First model after a month of logic work.

Second Model

Third

Fourth

There is still some polishing required. The dog i am scrapping and overhauling the mesh and texture as its pretty horrific.

PS. Even though i loathe this excuse but the game is silhouette based. The textures and normals will only be visible for a few split seconds as lightning strikes and lights up the screen. So i feel its justifiable to not spend more time on the assets.

Comments

• edited
    @Crocopede Love it! Coder/Artist - I am jealous inspired by your ambidexterity! These look beyond cool.
  • Thx guys.

The main character is taking a bit longer. Spent 5 hours now already and only the upper body is done.
    Still need to do the hands, legs and feet.
    Then detailing as this is only main shapes.

Doing a bit of anatomy study while making it as i never really studied anatomy...
  • edited
    Still need to bake AO map onto diffuse.
    Sort out some deformation around pants

• Latest family member. No texture yet

• Started work on the leopard

• edited
    Eh. Starting to dedicate 5pm - 12am towards art so i can make progress on Xoi San (which is being renamed)
    Exercising a little more patience and spending more than 5 hours on models now so i can add stuff to a portfolio so i can scrounge up some freelance jobs for cheap rates.

Oh and the low poly guy from the alien game