Game developer short term (6 months) contract, Cape Town

edited in Jobs
Formula D is a small award winning interactive design company that designs and produces turnkey products and installations for museums, exhibitions or corporate visitor centers. We also design innovative apps and video games.

You will be working with us on a new mobile game development.

You will complement our team of designers in the heart of Cape Town. You should be a good communicator with a creative mindset. You must love technical challenges and have no fear to tackle them head-on. You don’t give up quickly. Even the toughest cases will be resolved in the end. You understand that programming is a highly creative process and is tightly integrated in the overall product development, which includes electronics, physical design and AV content. You are a proactive team player, who is not scared of new challenges and ready to learn and share quickly.

What you must have to apply
- Minimum of 5 years ‘experience in the creative industries
- Involvement in digital UX developments including desktop, mobile and web.

What will make us really want you
- Game Design experience
- Touch app design experience
- Experience with database integration

You must have advanced skills in at least 2 of the following environments:
- AS3
- Unity 3D
- Open frameworks (C++)
- Processing (Java)
- Javascript

*The potential exists for this to become a permanent position.

Comments

• So you are only looking for potential employees right, and not contract work?
  • No @Boysano. The potential for this to become a permanent position exists but it's contract work
  • MNRosa said:
    No @Boysano. The potential for this to become a permanent position exists but it's contract work
    Ok, well this sounds more like an interview position, CV requirement.
    Maybe if you give then the contract job specifications, some of the freelancers or studios can help you with the contract.
  • edited
    Hi @MNRosa,

It seems like you're possibly looking for an individual, but if not, Clockwork Acorn would be interested in this contract. I feel we have all the bases covered in terms of what you need, but more details on the project will help clarify that.

If you'd like to continue the conversation directly with us, feel free to email info@clockworkacorn.com. Otherwise I will still be around here :)
  • Boysano said:
    MNRosa said:
    No @Boysano. The potential for this to become a permanent position exists but it's contract work
    Ok, well this sounds more like an interview position, CV requirement.
    Maybe if you give then the contract job specifications, some of the freelancers or studios can help you with the contract.
    I get your point but we want to work with a contractor that can work with our existing team so I do want to see a CV and portfolio and do an interview to find out if the contractor is the right fit for the project and the team.