[WIP] Awesome Space Shooter

edited in Projects
Sweet! My first post!

Most of you guys don't know me...so.. my name is "Marc Uberstein", and biz name "Guinea Pixel"... that's about it :)

My latest game I'm working on is Awesome Space Shooter (A.S.S). I will be launching it for Mobile/Tablet Platforms - android and iOS.

Play the playable preview demo here : http://guinea-pixel.com/app/awesome-space-shooter/

Any comments and suggestions would be great! My main goal for the game is to make an action arcade style shooter game. So I still have to add arcade style VO's and awesome audio.

Screenshots :
Thanked by 3wogan konman Tuism

Comments

• Ahh, it's awesome! I love these sorts of games :D

I admit it took me a few seconds to realize I had to use the mouse, instead of WASD, but then that's probably my fault since this is supposed to be a mobile game, and you say that clearly. Also, that super beam thing seems incredibly overpowered, with no real cost for using it - it doesn't drain coins, HP, didn't require an upgrade, or even have a recharge time.

All in all, great work! I'll definitely buy it when it hits the "shelves" :)
  • @guineapixel This is great, I like the special effects, the menus, the music and the fast paced action. I can see there's a lot of polish in already. Great job! I got that 'ol Slap Fight feeling... very cool :)
  • @wogan thank you so much! I made a note of your feedback regarding the the super beam... I will remove the "3 beams per stage" to "no limit" but costs 200-coins per beam. What do you think? A bit too much, or too low?

@konman awesome thanks man :) - it's gonna be epic once a lot of arcade style audio clips are in. I'm going to chat to @Mexicanopiumdog on Wednesday to help out with the audio, excited to see what we gonna come up with.
  • @wogan thank you so much! I made a note of your feedback regarding the the super beam... I will remove the "3 beams per stage" to "no limit" but costs 200-coins per beam. What do you think? A bit too much, or too low?
    That could work - or just have a very long recharge time, and then upgrades to shorten it. That beam should only really be a panic thing, and if you know it takes 60s (or whatever) to recharge, you'll be careful where you use it! IMO, anyway.
  • wogan said:
    That could work - or just have a very long recharge time, and then upgrades to shorten it. That beam should only really be a panic thing, and if you know it takes 60s (or whatever) to recharge, you'll be careful where you use it! IMO, anyway.
    Great idea - I will check what feels the best - the "recharge" time will probably be the better option, as a 200-coin reduction feels like a punishment.