Unity3D CharacterController bug

edited in Questions and Answers
I'm trying to add a character controller to an object but when I hit play the object is moved on the X-axis 1 unit and then rotated 10 degrees.

I ended up creating an entirely new project add a cube with a rigidbody and charactercontroller and the same thing happens?

Anyone else encountered this or know how to fix it?

Comments

• Just to be clear. I setup my cube to position 0,3,0 and when I hit play it jumps to -0.8,2.9,0 and this is after I frozen the rotation on the X and Z axis.
  • edited
    Is it not just simply falling down and moving to that spot, since you place it 3 metres off the ground and I assume if you created the default cube, it is only 1 metre tall? It could also depend on the position of your collider.
  • I avoid unity's CharacterController like the plague because of unexpected behaviors and I simply like to be in complete control. I'd rather write my own controllers. Maybe think of doing the same?
  • @Pixel_Reaper. That's what I've done. I've switched to using a NavMeshAgent and foregoing any realistic movement :(
  • @Fengol yeah I'm not much of a fan of the Unity NavMesh features either... but hey if it is working for you then awesome :)