Request For Information

edited in Questions and Answers
THE DIGITAL CONTENT INDUSTRY IS INVITED TO ENGAGE WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND TOURISM AS PART OF THE WESTERN CAPE BROADBAND INITIATIVE

As part of the broadband initiative, the Western Cape Government (WCG) requests information that will assist it in the scoping of a digital content creation ecosystem.The digital content industry, which is of strategic importance within the Western Cape, can be defined as those activities that generate digitally storable and transferable multimedia content that uses creative and/or technical skills to produce commercially or socially valuable products and services. The WCG is currently developing digital platforms and is interested in understanding what local actors in the content creation space in the Western Cape are currently engaged with and what the Department of Economic Development and Tourism (DEDAT) can do to support the industry. Furthermore, DEDAT is interested in understanding potential models that enable local content creation and learning markets from both a commercial and an innovation perspective. Documentation can be requested by email from Audrey.Groepies@westerncape.gov.za and responses provided on the prescribed form or via the online survey at http://surveys.e-gov.co.za/s3/RFI-Digital-Content-Creation as detailed in the Terms of Reference.

Technical queries can be directed to Marc Cloete via email on Marc.Cloete@westerncape.gov.za

Closing date: 12:00 on 15 October 2014.
docx
docx
Content Ecosystem RFI Final5.docx
1M
Thanked by 1SUGBOERIE

Comments

• Okay! Wow.

Just finished filling this in. I strongly suggest everyone else that's running a game company in the Western Cape does so too, if only to make our voices and concerns part of the next round of information gathering :)

There's quite a lot of support reading, so be prepared to do that, and some of the answers got a bit long when I was filling them out... But I guess that's more my fault than anyone else's.
    Thanked by 2AngryMoose Boysano
  • Responded. Not sure if my experience is relevant, but it was interesting none the less. And yeah, this takes some time, so make sure you don't just put aside 15 minutes for it.