[Recruiting] Cape Town Programmers & 3D Animators

niXniX
edited in Jobs
Hi Guys & Gals,

RetroEpic looking to hire a couple of developers between now & November. Ideally the candidates will start early November to get up to speed with the projects as quickly as possible. We also have some freelancing opportunities available for the right developers.

We'd like to connect with programmers with C/C++, C# or Unity3D experience. (Android, iOS, Mac & Windows)

We'd also like to hear from some 3D animators who are familiar with Blender. We currently out source the work offshore but would like to be able to offer it to some local devs.

I do apologise for the lack of detail but we are under NDA, an unfortunate reality of the game dev industry. A few of our projects are awaiting app store approval so hopefully we can share some of those details soon.

If you have any queries feel free to ask here or mail us at "hello ;) retroepic.com"

- Niki

Comments

• Hello Niki,

I might be looking for a game development job in a month or so once my studies are wrapped up. Where are you guys based exactly?

Are you guys going to be at the community meetup tonight? Would be good to chat in person about what you are doing, or at least get a feel for what you're doing :p (otherwise I'll send an email to ask nitty-gritty questions)
  • @raxter We would love to see what you're up to so please feel free to send some info or questions through. We're relocating to Vredehoek in Cape Town and would like to get some interviews done around mid October.

As to what we do. We're working on a number of projects for household brand names in SA and a new IP for a Silicon Valley startup. The projects include various Augmented Reality applications and games for Desktop, Web & Mobile.

The types of projects are actually quite varied and is affording us the opportunity to work with people and technology that we would normally not have access to.
  • Hi All,

We'd like to start shortlisting and interviewing some candidates soon, so please be sure to get in touch or pass the word along to people you may know.

As mentioned in an earlier post we have some apps in the approval process. This weekend saw the official launch of Sharkie locally and is now available on the App Store. https://itunes.apple.com/sa/app/sharkie/id551351339?mt=8

This is a great opportunity to work on some exciting projects similar to Sharkie and I'd really like to use these projects to help the local dev scene grow ;)
  • Are you guys still looking for 3d Animators?