[PROJECT] Vietnam 65

edited in Projects
So it's about time I post this, I think.

Vietnam 65 is a turn-based strategy game set (fairly obviously) in the Vietnam War. Players take control of the US side and attempt to win the hearts and minds of the locals. A smallish team has been working on this as an extra-time project commissioned to us by Johan Nagel, the game's designer, for about 3-4 months now, and (obvious placeholder UI aside) it's nearing completion for release on iOS.

Since the game is largely feature-complete at this stage, we are looking for gameplay testers with iPads, 2nd gen or newer, to help us balance the game and iron out any issues. If you'd like to volunteer some of your time to helping us finish this off, please send me a message here (or an email or whatever) and we'll work it out from there! If you're in Johannesburg, come to the MGSA meets at Microsoft, and are otherwise willing to meet with Johan to discuss gameplay things, that would be a big plus!

Comments

• edited
    What I love about this war game is that the focus is on befriending the locals, not just annihilating enemy troops
  • Yea yeah! The hearts and minds mechanic is great! :) I'm busy watching Gundam 08th Squad, it's a really good anime (surprisingly) with a good realistic portrayal of war, and half of the war is getting the guerillas on your side and not blowing everything to heck.

And it's looking REALLY good! Congrats guys! :D
  • Looking good guys! I'm looking forward to play testing it at the meet up next week.
  • This looks really cool. Any plans for an Android version?
  • edited
    Looking good, love the river and tree's.

Any reason the units and buildings are not anti-aliased?

Looks like I might have to get an iPad now :p

*EDIT* Oh and MORE screen shots please :D
  • I wasn't sure which thread to post in for this, but when I was in JHB last year for AMAZE we got to see the presentation of this game...and then I haven't heard much about it since. I see it's now on steam and on IOs, but how's it doing? What's the news on this title?
  • Yes Vietnam'65 went live yesterday on Steam and IOS App Store, have not got any sales figures from publisher yet, but looking good, we are currently top of the popular new releases on Steam.
    Busy with a lot of inteviews and upcoming reviews, thanks for all the support I have received for you guys!
  • Great to hear :) Do keep us updated.
  • Congrats folks, that's awesome!
  • Planning on being awake at 2am tonight? Operation Supply Drop (a really rad military charity organisation that sends games as care packages to veterans and allies in the field) is featuring Vietnam '65 at 6pm EST today on their Warrior Wednesday Twitch stream. They'll be giving away codes for the game during the stream so, if you've been missing out on a decent turn based strategy game, here's your opportunity to get some of that action:

http://www.brainwavez.org/news/2016/20160419001-01.html
    http://www.nag.co.za/2016/04/19/operation-supply-drop-set-to-do-a-twitch-stream-of-a-locally-made-game/