.: FrostBite Networks | Game Developer Hosting :.

.: Introduction :.

FrostBite Networks is an independent hosting company, whose focus lies on Indie Developers and Indie Gamers. We're here to ensure that, where other hosting companies overlook the small guys, we provide quality support and performance that everyone deserves.

We've identified a gap in the market of Indie games and hosting. We're here to fill that gap and to provide quality and affordable hosting for Indie Gamers as well as appeal to Indie Developers who wish to expand their games reaches.

We pride ourselves on working on a one on one basis, with custom quotes and agreements always being offered. Should you require personal support or need questions answered, we are never far away.

Just to show you what we currently offer:

.: Initial Offering :.

Our current line up includes TeeWorlds, CraftStudio and the recently added, King Arthurs Gold Servers, all of which have been trialed and tested to work with our servers. All of our servers have are instantly setup on the first payment and then your details emailed to you.

We also provide support for any modifications, problems or changes you would like to make with the games, in terms of maps, 3rd party plugins, etc. We are here to ensure that you get the best support out of your hosting!

FrostBite Networks currently employ an automatic server restart and update script, called "FroStart" which is installed on all servers to ensure that your server is always online and always functional. Should you require any support with your server whatsoever, you can submit a support ticket and one of our helpful technicians will gladly help you in any way possible.

image image image

.: Final Word :.

Our servers are currently located in Dallas, but we do have staff who live in South Africa, who will be online to answer questions and provide support.

Should you be looking for affordable hosting for your up and coming title, be sure to consider FBN, we're here to serve you.

For any information or questions, respond to this topic and I'll respond shortly!

Comments

• So would your offering allow people to host their own custom servers? (i.e. a server application for their own game, not listed above?)
  • @edg3,

Definitely. We work on a deal, usually a 7 day test package with the clients software, to ensure that all the features work as per normal. Then we finalize after that time.
  • Awesome, thanks
  • @edg3,

No problem. If you have anymore questions, we're always available for a chat.
  • http://www.frostbitenetworks.com Neat site. :)

After taking a look through your site, I was quite impressed. Seems that the services offered are quite affordable.

I'd like to know more about what kind of games your servers can handle? In other words, could I use Frostbite Networks to host a dedicated server?

A game I'm developing has a client-server model that can comfortably support up to 64 players at a time.

• @Landman,

Thank you for reviewing and giving your opinion on our site, we always appreciate honest feedback.

Currently FrostBite Networks doesn't offer Dedicated server hosting, we do offer large VPS servers which can be upgraded and are looking into Dedicated server offerings, although they will be at a much higher price.

Our VPS servers, depending on resource requirements, should be able to suit your needs in regards to your new game and we can work together with you to come up with a solution that suits you perfectly. Trials can be run where you test your game on one of our servers for free for a certain time period and certain arrangements can be made to ensure your experience with us is nothing but the best.

Our aim is to support Indie developers where other hosts don't and that being said, you are our main priority and we will go out of our way to accommodate you in the most beneficial way possible.

Also on a side note, we regularly create custom scripts that run on the servers, designed specifically for the service you offer. Example, you are currently developing a new game, we can create a Linux script that will run the server side of the game and ensure that it is always online and operating.

Feel free to ask anymore questions, we're here to serve!
  • @Skowt Just for some harmless (and ignorant) questions from a networking noob:
    How is the integration between the servers and existing game engines like UDK and Unity3D? I'm just thinking about this in comparison to some of the other game server solutions like Photon and Much different (which offer their own hosting or game server solutions). For example why would I go with FrostBite + a self hosted Photon Unity game server instead of a bigger company like Amazon + Photon?
  • @creative630,

Thanks for bringing that point up. The thing about FrostBite Networks is that we are not that big, e.g. like Amazon. That's one of our major points, we offer one-on-one personal and dedicated support. We aren't looking to get the most customers, but rather to have close customers who know they can rely on us when needed.

The issue with large companies is that you can easily be forgotten or ignored. One customer to them doesn't make much of a difference, it's just one sale missed. FrostBite Networks was created for the sole purpose of providing Indie gamers and Indie developers a place to host their games. We're like the big brother to the little kid on the playground. When no one else sticks up for them, we got their back.

And that's what we want, we want to ensure that our customers have the best possible future with their games and that we are able to help accomplish that. Sure there are other bigger services like Amazon, but the relationships, the personal support and partnership earned with us is much greater.

Thanks for the question, really appreciated clearing up that point.
  • Wishing your favourite Indie game had proper hosting? Got a potential lead? We're always on the lookout for the next big thing! Let us know what you want hosted!