[Poll] Images in Threads

edited in Association News
Ok, so before this comes up again (and I suppose it most likely will) I think it is time to find a decent solution that suits everybody. I have a proposal for a solution and would need you guys to agree to it if it had to end up happening, but I think limiting the number of images is a very shallow approach to solving the problem as art is a big part of game development.

So the proposal is: Add BBCode for grouping lists of "img" tagged links which for desktop clients will load a javascript based viewer, for example Light Box 2, and for mobile clients will give thumbnails of the images with links to view them (the thumbnails are very small so are light on bandwidth).

On of my favourite things about this site is the fact that people are posting art related threads, and cool images of their games, it should obviously stay that way, but to solve issues with scrolling (as images load) and bandwidth on mobile devices would mean nobody's toes get stepped on and we can still have the same number of awesome pictures in the cool threads!

Thoughts?

Comments

• Having images become consolidated into a single carousel of some sort is a good idea. Maybe an expand button that will show all images (as is now) if the user so chooses to browse like that.

+1 :)
    Thanked by 1raxter
  • edited
    Yeah I think that's a great solution, I like the click to expand/view. I'm assuming if you clicked on the thumbnail on your mobile you would also get linked to the full sized image?