Questions about Torque3d and a Project

edited in Questions and Answers
Hi,

I'd like to know if anyone here ever worked with Torque3d? http://www.garagegames.com/products/torque-3d
And if so would they/you be interested in working with me on a project?

'Krov' - Post Apocalyptic Survival FPS/3rd Person (Closest to the idea would be to look at the Mod for Arma2 called Dayz)

I do programming / scripting (most of the game would be done in the script language called TorqueScript, engine code is done in c++, though it's not needed to touch the cpp once.)
I do modeling, texturing(noob), animation(noob)
I do sound
So over all I'm a Jack of All Trades...

Some details: Note that with the engine comes with alot of things already working so they need little to almost no modifications.

Current Working Features:
- Character moving (WASD + Space)
- Character Aiming, Shooting
- Basic Weapon System
- Basic Health System / Basic Stamina System
- Basic Pickup system (Run over to pickup)
- Basic AI - This I had to add and I had to make the Zombies able to use a melee attack type. Atm they are still pretty dumb.
- Networking lan/online

The idea is to have a small to medium sized city like http://www.gaestehaus-petraklein.de/images/moezelkaart%20met%20stip.png (Note: That town actually called Krov in germany.. lol, has nothing todo with the game, it was a random name I picked... o.O
One of the hardest things would be having access to all buildings(if possible). Like the movie " I'm Legend " where he is in the city area http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130423174531/metro2033/images/b/b4/GordonatorApocalypse.jpg. This with the idea of not having a large environment but many accessible places in that small area. So buildings and access to buildings would be a big part.

Zombies and Bandit Ai would be the typical enemy apart from other players(pc) and maybe even some paranormal demonic shit, for the underground pipelines :)

The idea is to have the game in cartoon shading like borderlands.

Some ideas that came up:

A survivor:
- Main focus should be the Survival aspects of the player vs environment
- Permanent Death
- Should always feel in danger
- Limited Toos / Gear / Weapons / Food and water, etc...
- Be able to set up some sort of base camp
- Change gear, stash gear and other items.
- Access to many if possible almost all buildings.
- Crafting features
- Weapon modifications
- Day & Night Cycles
- Random Events (Like zombie hordes that just sweep through a zone)
- Trading
- Learning system for the gain of skills in certain stuff, by the using of books and other info types.

For more info feel free to reply here or pm msg me...

Thanks
MJ

Comments

• edited
    You may struggle to find fellow Torque users these days unfortunately. Torque's popularity has diminished significantly and most people seem to have moved on to Unity. To be honest, I didn't realize that people still used Torque.
  • Ah I see, that's sad because it's MIT Licensed... Which is awesome, and it's powerful, and easy to use :) O well.. I'm still open for people that want/can to/do art.

Thanks for the reply though
    Thanked by 1ScurvyKnave
  • edited
    Ah I see, that's sad because it's MIT Licensed...
    I was surprised to see that-and that they have it all on GitHub now. As much as their history has been up and down (with a lot of involvement and contributions from people now on this forum), the industry can do with as much competition as possible in middleware, so I hope it's revival is successful :)

[edit]
    And I meant that locals contributed to the codebase, not the up and down history :)
    [/edit]