Introduction to Game Design with Game Maker course

edited in Events
Hi guys,

It's that time again, I'm going to be running another game design course at the end of the month. The course is open to anyone above the age of 15, and is aimed at those with minimal game design experience. The course will run at the Learn3D campus in Blairgowrie, Johannesburg.

The course will run from the 1st February until 1st March. The class happens every Saturday for 5 weeks.

If you are interested, please drop me a mail on duncanbellsa@gmail.com.

You can check out the following website for more info on the course:
http://www.learn3d.co.za/gamemaker/

Last but not least, you can check out my week by week write up on the first course I lectured:
http://makegamessa.com/discussion/550/lecturing-game-maker-my-impressions
Thanked by 2hanli Fengol

Comments

• Hi All,

It's that time again, and I will be running the course at the start of Feb. So if you know anyone who would be keen please forward this to them :)

Thanks!
  • Need. In. Cape. Town!
  • Will spread word in my circles @duncanbellsa
    Thanked by 1duncanbellsa
  • w00t! Contemplating if I should do this, I have some of GameMaker under my belt, but thinking I could learn more from this, and also to help keep me motivated.
    I will also let my brother and couple of friends know, they might be interested in something like this (finances permitting though).
  • w00t! Contemplating if I should do this, I have some of GameMaker under my belt, but thinking I could learn more from this, and also to help keep me motivated. I will also let my brother and couple of friends know, they might be interested in something like this (finances permitting though).
    Hi @Thelangfordian,

You can have a look at the link for the first course I lectured for an overview of what we did. Since then, I have focused on giving the students more practical work, and have cut out most of the theory.

Drop me a mail if you have any questions about the course, and please spread the word :)

• Hey guys, so far we have 4 students confirmed.
    Still have space for another 8 :).

Please pass on the word to anyone you know who might be keen!
  • what should we tell them it costs?
  • Boysano said:
    what should we tell them it costs?
    It's R3600 if I remember correctly.
  • Correct - R3600 for the 5 week course.

Students are supplied with a flash drive which includes all the material needed and various goodies :)