Bro Force (prototype)

Comments

• edited
    * When you're using Ash's special attack and die, the chainsaw sound continues. Also he does a High-five with his chainsaw u^p in the air :p
    My bad (with the sound thing). And what's wrong with a chainsaw high five!?
    *Bro Dredd is a lot more powerful now that his bullets destroy blocks at any range. A bit too much ? The less interesting bro now, to me, is Snake Broskin... i don't know how to improve this bro but there is something to be done.
    Bro Dredd was feeling quite underwhelming to me before. We might reduce his range by a little bit. But I don't think he's OP (I don't think it's possible for a bro to be OP). Snake is still one of my favourite bro's, I think his penetrating bullets are still really strong. Maybe we'll give him some extra damage if he feels lacking.
    I'd like to know what your reaction was when you realised one of the biggest YouTube gaming channels played your game?
    It's more like a frenzy of panic and trying to find hosting somewhere that can support that amount of players and trying to respond to all the questions/bug reports that come out than any sort of celebration! Not to mention the OCD refreshing of stats pages. We'll celebrate once we get greenlit. Maybe.
    How much experience did you have with unity/c# before you started BF?
    This doesn't really matter all that much. Just start small and learn by experimentation. I don't know much about those tutorials other than that they seem to be highly recommended. You don't need to understand every line of code and little thing at the start (otherwise there'd be too much to take in). You can also use Boo if you already know Python. But considering that 90% of tutorials and examples are in C#, I think it's be worth the effort to learn it.
  • AdeAde
    edited
    If I had to categorize in order of awesomeness, here's how it'd go:

Terrible:
    -MacBrover

Decent:
    -Bro Dredd
    -Bromando
    -Bro Hard (maybe too similar to rambro?)
    -Bro in Black
    -Rambro
    -Snake Broskin(?)

Great:
    - BA Broracus
    - Bro Walker (C. Norris)
    - Robro Cop
    - Brode
    - Indiana Brones
    - Brominator

I left out the Evil Dead-guy because I have yet to play as him properly, did I leave anyone else out?

MacBrover's like a running joke in my group of friends, "hhaha oh no, you got macgyver again, good luck with that". Detonating the dynamite in air by pressing the shoot button would probably fix that, but I'm wondering if that would make him too OP. But something needs to be done with him IMO.

• Thought this might be relevant:

Thanked by 1EvanGreenwood
  • Terrible:
    -MacBrover
    Which part of "remotely detonatable turkey bomb" don't you people understand!? :O

but yeah. maybe we'll do something to upgrade him....
  • AdeAde
    edited
    Which part of "remotely detonatable turkey bomb" don't you people understand!? :O
    Oh, we know, and the turkey is awesome. But you run out of them quickly and then he feels useless... It's annoying to go through the whole level as him because in co-op you don't always get the opportunity to change characters because your friends keep dying. :D He's just not very fun to use, in my opinion.
    Thanked by 1Douzeju
  • I went from hating MacBrover to really enjoying him. I think that, as with pretty much all of the Bros, he's situational. He sucks if you have to run across a bridge, but he's awesome if you're trying to climb a tower, being able to take out enemies from underneath them. And so much of the damages!
  • AdeAde
    edited
    Maybe it's just me (and my friends) then :D I think the annoying part is that you have to wait for the dynamite to explode, unlike every other bro who can keep firing almost non-stop. But hey, variation and different playstyles is good, Macbrover just isn't my preferred playstyle. which is why I would love to switch bro's at checkpoints (just to be clear, not EVERY bro available, you could only switch to those that you've rescued within the level), but I understand if that's not something you want to do.

And wow, that's a huge spike in new visitors. You're going to get greenlit in no time. :)
  • So CLOSE !!! 'MERICA !!!

You got to do something and add Bro Dalton (check Road House - Patrick Swayze) in the Mix...

And I don't think that I have to say something regarding Broce Lee !!! - Something like Brode but with Fists and Legs - would be great !!!

Can't wait to Pre-Oder this game !!!
  • Hey, I know you guys are currently filling out and polishing up the jungle, but how are the city, dinosaurs, aliens, and sidemodes going? I know you wanna finish main stuff before putting too much focus in non-campaign things, just thought I'd ask for that last one.
  • Can you get Greenlit for a game that's not finished yet? Do you end up with kind of a placeholder on Steam?
  • edited
    Too bad Jon Bro would never make it into the game, since he is from the wrong era. You know nothing Jon Bro.

I guess I just wanted to say that ^^
  • Can you get Greenlit for a game that's not finished yet?
    Yea, you can. It just means that it's going to get on steam when it's finished.
  • Hey,why is the online version of the game not yet updated with the new bro?I've been playing it with a friend of mine and he likes it alot,but I dont because it doesn't have the new update.Can you guys please update it,it would be much appreciated. :)
  • Woohooo - my pre-order is in :D

"Super Bro Special"
  • AdeAde
    edited
    I bought the early bro special because I will be playing locally anyway, does this new pre-order thingie mean that further playable versions will only be playable by those who pre-ordered it?

Also congrats you guys, this happens to be my first pre-order EVER. :D

EDIT: Okay so I found the FAQ, so the free version will be a "brologue" to the full game, cool. :P

Thanked by 1Elyaradine
  • edited
    Wow. Yogscast just did a part 2. Sorry if I missed the link but where can I preorder it? Will the preorder period ever end?
  • www.freelives.net, you can't miss it. :P
  • I think I'm gonna bunker up with my bro and get the "Double Super Bro Special"
  • I so gotta pre-order the game!
  • YEAAAAHHHH !!! Just pre-ordered The Double Super Bro Special !!! MERICA !!!
    Thanked by 1raithza
  • edited
    I must say, I really am very surprised that xbox isn't under supported platforms. I thought broforce would be ideal for xbox, and I'm guessing you guys as well since there are xbox controller setup things. Any particular reason for this? Just curious.

Oh, and by they way, just bought the super bro special! Enjoy those happy meals :D
  • AdeAde
    edited
    Well I'm guessing it's because it's being programmed in Unity3D (right?). It would have to be ported to work on Xbox.

EDIT: BTW, there is and will be a ton of new (let's)players, I think you should add a screen to the first level that explains the controls - how to use your special attack, how to climb walls, how to sprint, etc.
  • Well, we don't have an XBox distribution deal, so...
  • Just wanted to say "THANK YOU" to all you bros who've put in pre-orders. Some of you have been supporting us with your feedback and ideas and encouragement for a long time now, and while getting money is great, that contribution is worth much more.

I really want to get to the point where we can offer new stuff to our supporters, and I feel bad that some of you have been giving us money and we're not able to give you anything in return (yet). We are working hard to fix this.

I'm quite backlogged at the moment with work and communications with distributors and potential publishers and posts on this forum. That 2nd part to the Yogscast playthrough was quite an eye opener and I feel like I've got to fix a few things before I can do anything else. But I will get to writing some proper responses soon.

Thanks!
  • edited
    Long time listener, first time commenter, just wanted to pipe up and say that I LOVE your work with Bro-Force, and have pre-ordered without hesitation. Keep doing exactly what you're doing, because the recipe right now is pure distilled ultra-entertainment... Also, don't listen to the Richard Bro-Anderson haters: MacBrover is clearly the bro-iest bro that ever bro-ed!

PS any chance of Tang-Bro and Cash?

• edited
    @JohnnySixArms Thanks bro! We had a movie night last Friday where we watched Tang-bro and Cash (+beer +pizza). 80s entertainment at its finest!!!
    Thanked by 1JohnnySixArms
  • image (real life mook) "HUH?"
  • edited
    Having seen Bro Force in action on the Yogscast, I'd like to say that it looks both impressive and like tons of fun. Very well done! ^_^
    Thanked by 1raithza
  • MEEERIIICAAA is Number 3 !!! Betaaaa... so Clooosee... can't wait! Need more Bros!
    Thanked by 1EvanGreenwood
  • edited
    Guys, I read somewhere or heard that you can preorder Broforce? Where can I preorder??? ;D
  • @Gmax, [url =http://www.freelives.net/BROFORCE/PREORDER/PreOrders.html ]for all your pre-order needs.[/url] :)
    Thanked by 1GMax
  • Shot man! thx!!
  • Whooohoo Stoked!! Just bought the Super Bro Special!! Cant wait!! ;D Good luck guys with the last bit! I know you guys will make us proud!! GG
    Thanked by 1raithza
  • Lol. When will I be able to redeem my hi-5? Which area are you guys in?
  • Lol. When will I be able to redeem my hi-5? Which area are you guys in?
    High fives can be redeemed at the monthly gamedev meetups
  • @charly they are in the cape town area
  • Gosh Darnit... Get out of that Luxema 8000 and give us some updates !!! We need our dose...
  • Update coming soon (c) mostly fixes and tweaks. And a better mcbrover. and possibly a new miniboss
  • This is what happens when you double tap Ash's special attack and jump on the helicopter...
    CHAINSAW_BUG.png
    193 x 316 - 5K
  • Fucking amazing! Congrats you guys! :D
  • 324 days on Greenlight! What a journey guys! Congrats!!!! MANLY TEARS!!! :D
    Thanked by 3GMax Kaiser_Gun Douzeju
  • Fan-fucking-tactic man! Congrats!
    Thanked by 1GMax
  • Wow @ raithza "Broforce just got Greenlit!" !!! Man I just dropped everything I was doing and did a victory dance Woop Woop!! haha! Congrats guys! Just so much Awesomeness!!
  • 'Grats, guys! That's kickass! Very well done.