Marketing research data on games industry in Africa

Hi Guys,

We are currently developing a report for gaming on the African continent which will feature various companies and game titles developed on the continent.

In order to disseminate the proper information to the public, we seek your input into this report with assisting us with the necessary information in regards to your developed and commercialized game titles.

We are interested in data with regards to;

1 What platform were your products developed for?

2 How many people have played your titles so far on those platforms?

3 The various age group that downloaded your game products i.e. 11- 20, 21 - 30 etc.

4 What particular age group downloaded the most content or your game title?

5 Which countries played your game products?

6 The countries that gave you the most number of players?

7 What particular monetization model was used to generate income i.e. freemium, freemium with downloadable content, in - app advertising etc.?

8 How much income has been generated so far with your game titles?

Hope this is not too much to ask for. Please send your data to our email address: igdanigeria@gmail.com

Thank you for this.

Benedict Olumhense
facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/IGDA-Nigeria/145038482184747
Blog: http://igdanigeria.wordpress.com/
Thanked by 1hermantulleken

Comments

• 1.) Who are you?

2.) Will the data be made available publicly?
  • Hi, I am the Founder of the Nigerian Chapter of the International Games Developers Association.
    Yes, the data will be available for the public.
  • Thanks for the extra info, @metalfoxxx. If you are asking in official capacity, it may be helpful to edit that data into the main post, add your real name, and link to the Nigerian chapter site. You should also be clear what data will be aggregated (in particular sales figures and other potential confidential data) so that individuals have their data private, and what will be linked to individual correspondents. I think the data will be interesting, and perhaps you get a better response if you are clear about where that data is going.
  • Thanks for your response, how do I get the data into the main post. All I can see is the "Start a discussion link".
  • There should be an 'edit' link next to your account name above any post you've written :)
  • The best I can do is to leave the post in General as there is no link to this post to the "All Discussions tab". Thanks for this