[Event] A MAZE Jam - 24 Aug-1 Sep 2013

edited in Events
JAM AFRICA 2013
"I have to tell you something about Africa..."

A MAZE. and Wits Digital Arts invites all game designers from everywhere to take part in the game festival based in Johannesburg, South Africa. The game jam is organised as part of the 2nd International Games /Media Art Festival - A MAZE. / Johannesburg.

Games addressing Africa as a whole, select parts of Africa, specific concerns in Africa, or dreams and fantasies of Africa are welcome.

Game development is a burgeoning field all across the continent and, in this spirit, games reflecting on Africa have huge potential to educate, entice and reach people of all walks of life. This game jam brings together game devs from across the continent and across the world, to start a creative conversation.

Jam time:
Start: Saturday, August 24, 2013
End: Sunday, September 1, 2013

Limitations:
games need to run in browser.

All games submitted will be exhibited on-line, and top games will be shown in a special showcase at the A MAZE. Johannesburg 2013 Festival.

Send your amazing submission to jamafrica@amaze-festival.de: We only need from you title of the game, name of creator (team), link to the game and a cool screenshot.

We are looking forward collecting amazing games about "I have to tell you something about Africa..."!

Comments

• Hey all,

I am trying to get Thorsten to move the date later, since I think it is a silly week to have it as it clashes.

I'd like as many of us to enter as possible :) It's a bit of an odd topic, but hey, he's German :P
  • I have an idea for a game I'm busy building the framework for.

The Premier is a "Jones in the Fast Lane"-style simulation where players must participate and take chances in a corrupt government. The player is a newly elected official in charge of running a municipality and must balance supporting the constituents needs while corroborating with suspect lobbyists and must embezzle funds to have the most personal wealth at the end of their term. The player must select which tenders to employ to implement public works, vote on matters in the council, choose how to respond to escalating situations in the municipality and what message to give out to the media.
  • @Fengol, you should look at "Crunch: The game for Utter Bankers" sounds fairly similar to what your proposing :)
  • I have 2 copies of the card game :)
  • Oooooh, how did this go?
  • I had to bow out unfortunately, my diary and weekend got just too hectic to be able to commit anything to code :(